Friday 23 November 2018

Steely Tweed Scarf

This is an "oldie". In the autumn of 2014 I knitted this scarf for my son. It was one of my first knitting projects and it took forever. But I enjoyed it and he liked it. The pattern is published "Easy knitted scarves", a booklet by Monica Russel. The yarn is Artesano Aran (50% superfine alpaca 50% Peruvian highland wool), a beautiful strong, soft and robust yarn. Unfortunately, the company shut up shop in 2016.
We bought 2 skeins in the summer of 2014 at I Knit, another beautiful yarn shop in London. I was a real beginner at that time and the two (expensive!) skeins I bought were from a different batch...I hadn't noticed, I even had no idea that this could be a thing. It only became clear while I was knitting... Surely the person selling me the yarn, me clearly being a novice (you could not help noticing by the questions I asked...), should have warned me...? I guess it is one of these lingering  disappointments… I still love this scarf though!
I added tassels from some leftover dark grey yarn I got from my Mum who knitted me this dark grey beautiful sweater years ago. Yes, the story continues...



One of my last projects on straight needles...


such a warm scarf!




2 comments: