Wednesday 13 March 2019

Miss Marple's tea cosy

I love knitting, I love Miss Marple and I love tea. I found the pattern for this super fluffy old-fashioned tea cosy in the Dutch knitting magazine 'Simply Breien' (1/2012 on page 41). And I knew it would be perfect for my vintage teapot, and would meet my need for 'cosy comfort' now and then. So, on I went, and well, let's just say I was very glad when it was finished, for knitting this put considerable strain on my hands. But oh I am so happy with it! It makes me smile because it is sooo over the top pink and fluffy.
The yarn is gorgeous Wensleydale Sheep Shop Longwool aran, bought in 2015 at 'Prick your Finger', in Bethnal Green London. This local yarn shop gave me my nicest experience in yarnshopping so far. The lady was so enthousiastic, friendly, interested, bubbly and full of advice, I couldn't help myself and bought two more skeins of sockyarn :-)
When looking for some recent information about this shop, I sadly discovered that it has been closed, what a pity....








No comments:

Post a Comment