Friday 8 January 2021

The nicest words

When we assembled this blue cupboard (from the well-known furniture store) we noticed one of the little crossbars wasn't properly painted. Instead of going through the hassle of driving back to the store and sorting it out, I decided to find a solution myself. I painted the part white and stamped some lovely words on it and let the words spread onto the sideboard. They are all wonderful Dutch words, starting with my favourite letter W. Love my cupboard now!



 



Inspired by this, I decided to spruce up another handy but boring cupboard this way. 
"Always another walk", something Virginia Woolf used to say, walking to her sisters house every day in the Sussex South Downs. I love walking.
"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday, and all is well". I spotted this great saying in the tower at Sissinghurst Castle, where Vita Sackville-West used to live. It is a good thing to see first thing in the morning. 


1 comment: