Saturday 4 July 2020

Spring Foliage Mitts

This is a design by Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting. You can find it in the book "Botanical Knits". When I first saw these mitts, I immediately fell in love with them. Spring foliage grows up one side and into the thumb gusset and side shaping has been added to flatter the curve of the wrist.
I used yarn from my stash : Rowan felted tweed and some unspecified ecru yarn.
If I would knit them again I would only use one colour and that would be a lighter green. But that said, I still love the design very much!
In the past I already knitted two more of Alana Dakos' designs : the life circle scarf and the twin leaf loop. I really like the way she incorporates these botanical themes in her designs!






4 comments:

  1. Leukerds... ziet er wel niet zo eenvoudig uit om te breien!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het valt eigenlijk best mee van moeilijkheidsgraad. Hoewel, ik zou niet tegelijk een spannende film volgen...:-)

      Delete
  2. Gezellig warm, mooi motief, je zou zo zin krijgen in een boswandeling

    ReplyDelete