Saturday 30 January 2021

Bookbinding

I went to an online bookbinding workshop with Ali Ferguson and I am SO excited by this new skill!

We learned how to make (stitch) a small sketchbook consisting of several sections (signatures), with an open spine and fabric taps and a fabric cover.

It’s a time-consuming process but very rewarding. I love paper and have been collecting all kinds of paper and wrappers for such a long time. It’s wonderful to put these to good use!

So far I’ve made 5 sketchbooks. I’ve used paper from the Flow book for paper lovers, notepaper, food wrappers and other assorted leaves and scraps. I embroidered onto the pages, decorated them with washi tape, little envelopes, some fabric, postcards, images and quotes. This way the sketchbooks became quite personal gifts and I hope they encourage people to continue to decorate and fill up of the pages.

Bookbinding is defenitely a craft I hope to explore more in the future!





some of the pages are decorated, others are still blank :















5 comments:

  1. PRACHTIG....een nieuwe irma boom?
    dit maakt me blij

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heel tof, inspirerend om aan te vullen, een biekje om te koesteren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het was tof om te maken en ik ben zo blij dat je het leuk vindt!

      Delete
  3. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. personalized gifts

    ReplyDelete