Wednesday 8 November 2017

Mittens revisited

I have knitted this pattern twice. The first time I knitted the mittens for myself in self-striping acrylic (nice and soft, good quality acrylic, from my stash, once bought who knows where and when...). It was my first project on double-pointed needles, and turned out okay in the end (after having to start all over again about 4 times...). The second pair of mittens was a Christmas gift for my mother-in-law. Here I used a 100 % wool yarn, in 2 shades of purple, I bought at Swaledale Woollens in Muker. I had the immense pleasure of visiting this shop in Yorkshire in 2012, while we were on holiday there. If you're ever in the neighbourhood, go and visit this shop. It is beautifully located in this wonderful Yorkshire landscape and they sell the most wonderful honest, local and pure wool.
Knitting with this wool from Yorkshire was absolute bliss!
The pattern is printed in 'Fast and fun knits', p.58.


No comments:

Post a Comment