Thursday 26 October 2017

Stashbuster

Last year I made these coasters as a Christmas present for a relative.
I used a skein of variegated bulky yarn from my stash. I can't remember the brand or any other specifics (sorry...), but I loved  the colours and the feel of it. I thought this yarn to be perfect for a couple of coasters. So I went looking for a fun stitch I could use and found what I was looking for in 'ons breiboek'. This Belgian reference work holds lots of information and patterns. However, since I get most of my patterns and manuals from English books, magazines and websites, I find the Flemish terminology sometimes confusing. that's probably a bit odd, Flemish being my mother tongue...
I completed my gift with some straw ribbing and a snowflake pendant. Happy with it ! (and it was well received, luckily!)




1 comment: