Tuesday 28 April 2020

Is it a shawl or a scarf, a sharf or a scawl

This is a project I solely made for the fun of experimenting with shaping and matching colours. I looked through my stash and brought together these different yarns, all DK weight :
- Adriafil WoCa ecoyarn (the dark grey yarn)
- Adriafil Sierra Andina Alpaca (the light purple yarn)
- The Fibre Co Acadia (the green, the blue and the dark purple yarns, some of it was leftover yarn) - one of my favourites so far!
The technique of short rows intrigued me and although it looked fairly complicated, I wanted to try it. So I looked for some intructions online and started knitting away. There were so many stitches on the needles, that I couldn't visualise exactly how the shawl (scarf?) would look like : a true mystery knit this was! In the end, it turned out quite all right, certainly not perfect, but I love the colour combination and the rainbow-shaped section. And it's a really warm scarf (or shawl?) as well!







the shortrow section:

Work In Progress:



4 comments: