Wednesday 8 April 2020

The Moon with Janneke for Dad

My Mum asked to take my Dad's favourite shirt and turn it into something he would like. This way it wouldn't have to be thrown away, but it also wouldn't be worn anymore, because, honestly, that ship had definitely sailed...
So I made this moon, with its single resident, Janneke. Janneke has a pocket watch, so he always knows the right time to make the moon shine. He also has a rope ladder, for when he is a bit bored on the moon and wants to visit friends.
I used parts of the shirt, some cord and twigs for the rope ladder, some felting wool and yarn for Janneke. And all the mismatched buttons my Dad himself had sewn to his shirt every time he lost one, I just had to give them a place too. So I sewed them onto the top.
Happily, Dad likes his moon. And so does Mum.





6 comments: