Wednesday 5 December 2018

Craftivism and a brilliant quote

Climate change and global warming scare me a lot. I think there's quite a big chance that a lot of people will suffer badly from the effects.
I try not to brood on it too much, because that doesn't help anyone. What we all can do, however, is let our voices be heard at particular times that could be significant. So when I heard about the Claim the Climate March in Brussels on December 2nd, I decided to participate.
I took my mini banner kit from the "Craftivist Collective" and went looking for a quote that I found wise and suitable. I started sewing and stitching and ended up with this great banner. Because we're in this together.
and the March last sunday was amazing and exhilarating : so many people, lots of young people, all of them asking for better ways to live together. It was a hopeful day.





1 comment:

  1. Hello - found you over at the Make Do and Mend FB page. I've not yet met the term 'craftivism' - had to go back and check I got it right. I like your saying. I'm older and might be lucky enough to die (what a thought) before the worst of climate change happens, but I worry about it as well. I've been a frugal person for the past few decades and much of that thinking is environmentally friendly. I find conspicuous consumption rather pathetic, particularly when so many really don't have the money to do it. Creating 'something from nothing' is so much more satisfying. I grew up watching my Mom, an artist in many media 'making ends meet' and it was often her creativity (knowing how to make things from scratch) that made everything work out.

    ReplyDelete