Tuesday 24 September 2019

This old sweater is a pair of wrist warmers

This is my favourite kind of upcycling: something has become unusable (seriously shrunken sweater), another thing is actually needed (wristwarmers for my son) and it all results in an easy project with great result (imho)!
I cut the sleeves from the sweater and made holes for the thumbs, sewing round the holes so that there wouldn't be any unravelling. The sweater had already felted a bit, but I wanted the wristwarmers firmer, so I put them  into the washing machine on a high temperature. They came out super warm and nice. And quite cool too, if I may say so :-)



Here you can see how much more the wristwarmers have shrunk:


 cool!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing such detailed article on superior wrist warmers review on 2020, i found what i was looking for.

    ReplyDelete