Monday 30 March 2020

Susan B. Andersons lovely Butterfly

I'm a fan of the lovely, wonderful knitting patterns of Susan B. Anderson. This particular pattern can be found in the magazine "Making" No.2 and also here, on Ravelry.
Knitting a Susan B Anderson pattern is on my "20 for 20 list". So despite all the other unfinished projects demanding my attention, I decided to give priority to this one. Just because it is so cute!
The butterfly and cocoon are both worked seamlessly from the bottom up, picking up stitches for the wings and antennae after the body is knitted.
I used small amounts of Baa Ram Ewe Titus yarn (a wool and alpaca blend).
This wasn't a very easy make, but the pattern is clear enough and I loved the process of creating this sweet butterfly in its cosy cocoon.


Shall I fly this way...

...or that way?



 Cosy and warm!

4 comments:

  1. Echt schattig inderdaad, bedankt om te delen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of this one I also thought it was SUPERcute !
    I don't think you can find it in any shop, and still, every child would love it.
    My heart melts when I see the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that’s so nice!! Susan B Anderson designs the cutest toys!!

      Delete