Friday 14 August 2020

The ever reading boy

Here is the result of another online workshop via Textileartist.org. I enjoyed this one very much. The workshop leader was the British artist Sue Stone. I love the strip-weaving technique used for the background : it adds colour, pattern and texture in a surprising and inspiring way.

I used recycled fabric in muted colours. The embroidery is done with black thread. 

The work shows my son, when at home, sitting gloriously in my way on the kitchen floor, with a book, of course.


9 comments:

  1. heel mooi, sfeervol,
    proficiat Mieke
    je zoon zal er heel blij mee zijn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel Carla, en ja, hij vindt het ook mooi, gelukkig... πŸ™‚

      Delete
  2. Alweer een mooi werk in samenwerking met TextileArtist... Fantastisch resultaat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knap gedaan.daar blijf je naar kijken...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing. skip hire Thatcham

    ReplyDelete