Saturday 5 September 2020

Juniper Socks

I recently knitted my first pair of "real" socks, slippersocks not included. "Juniper Socks" is a pattern by Helen Stewart from the curious handmade podcast . You can find the pattern here. I've been listening to the podcast for years and I find it both interesting and soothing. It brings together Helen Stewart's "love of craft, travel stories, life lessons and community". 

I used the suggested yarn : Blacker Yarns Tamar DK. I love this yarn: it is rustic and soft at the same time and the colours are gorgeous. It is spun from the fleeces of fine British rare breeds, including Teeswater, Wensleydale and Leicester Longwool. 

I am happy with my socks and I love the texture and colours. However, I do find knitting socks rather difficult and I hope very much that I will persevere, given my love of socks. Perhaps I should learn to knit socks on circular needles with magic loop, two at a time? 







1 comment:

  1. Wat een leuke sokken, heel mooie kleur. Twee sokken gelijk breien is super en geel handig, ik heb het boek...

    ReplyDelete