Thursday 16 June 2022

Handmade sketchbooks

I used different kinds of paper for these little sketchbooks : Japanese handmade paper, pages from an old book, wrappers, sketching paper, decorated paper.

The pages are handsewn together with bookbinders’ thread. 

The covers are unique designs I hand-painted with water-colour paint, sometimes with added embroidery.

The backs are covered (handsewn) with matching fabrics.

In every book I have all ready sketched a flower. 

This is a labour of love and I hope these little books will end up with people who love to sketch, write or collect stuff in them!

(I will show and sell them at this local event on Sunday July 3th : Kunst Montmartre Beveren-Waas in Belgium)




The sketches on book pages:



The covers painted:



Bookbinding:









1 comment: