Monday 20 February 2023

The menopausal woman

Here's a force to be reckoned with : the menopausal woman, full of plans, energy and wisdom! There, I said it and that's what this piece is all about!

I knit the background from Rowan wool and felted the fabric in the washing machine. This way it feels sturdy and slighlty carpet-like.

The powerful woman and the ladder are embroidered onto the background, and I added fairy lights (off course!). It is quite a big wall hanging which I installed in our hallway: very happy with it!






2 comments:

  1. That is fabulous! On behalf of menopausal women, thanks for centering the power and energy. I heard ALL ABOUT the bad symptoms but I am full of energy (even the hot flashes are energy) and I wish someone had told me about the good parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mieke/Miss Woolple25 February 2023 at 12:15

    Hi Erika! Thanks for your great feedback! Yes it’s absolutely necessary to talk about this in a positive way, in terms of capabilities and possibilities! Don’t focus on the bad publicity, live a life of energy 😍💪😀 we can do it 😊🤗

    ReplyDelete