Saturday 16 December 2023

9 pieces of work - concertina book

Because I found myself a bit lost in the "forest of workshops", I wanted to take more time to explore my own artistic voice. That's why, during the summer, I set myself a challenge, to create 9 small pieces (just for myself, so no room for perfectionism or judgment), using the materials and techniques I like most. Each piece had to contain design and colours I love and words that relate to my art.  It required a bit of reflection and not a huge amount of work, so ideal for summer!

I hoped to get an insight into my own practice at this point in my life : giving myself room to think about my voice and to make choices allowed me to that.

the 9 pieces were subsequently collected into a single concertina book.

check out a short video I put on youtube here 




















No comments:

Post a Comment