Tuesday 24 October 2017

Japie Apie

This is Japie Apie, my sock monkey. He is a bit scruffy and old (he is actually made of a pair of very old socks...), but I love him dearly! I used the pattern from the magazine Handmade Christmas 2013 (p.98). It was a lot of sewing small pieces together, a bit fiddly, but I did it whilst listening to a couple of knitting podcasts, so time well spent!
As I said I used a pair of actually worn socks. In books and magazines you encounter lots of these sock animals made of new socks. I like the idea of giving a worthless object (like my socks) a new life... et voilà, Japie Apie now watches over me while I am working on some or other project. There is always room for one more, no? AND he spreads the good words "be silly, be honest, be kind" !!





No comments:

Post a Comment