Thursday 17 January 2019

The Great Wave phone case

I needed a Phone case. So I decided to make one myself, with supplies I had on hand. I knitted a piece of fabric with three small leftover skeins of very rustic wool.  This piece I felted in the washing machine, which made the fabric thicker. This way it protects the phone better. Then I sewed the fabric together with a blanket stitch, attached a cord and sewed on a button. The button depicts Hokusai's woodblock print "The Great Wave of Kanagawa". I like the result: I think the button fits perfectly. And then I came across this cup at the British Museum, which made me smile (even though it was a disposable one...)



The making of:


2 comments:

  1. the perfect match, I received an E reader as a newyear present...know how to make the case!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your interesting infomation. it support

    ReplyDelete