Monday 5 August 2019

A happy garland

For my birthday I got a box of Quality Street chocolates from my mum. As a child I loved these sweets (still do actually) and I always thought the colourful wrappers enchanting. In fact I still love these shiny bits of paper.  I decided to keep the wrappers and make them into a kind of a garland. I looked for some bright ribbon, decided on pink. With a bit of thread I attached the wrappers in a kind of butterfly formation onto the ribbon, added some tinkling bells and these was my happy garland! Perfect for our outside spaces, it gives a wonderful festive feeling and when wind and sun play with it, spots of light dance on the patio tiles, or on my book. Makes me happy!

Yay for summer !




Sun and wind make these magical spots of colour dance over my book and over he tiles, fun!








5 comments:

  1. I know them... allways received one from the big box when I visited my grandma, and I allways played with the papers.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep playing with them 😂, fun bright colours!

      Delete
    2. Zoiets maakt mijn dag goed! Wegwerpwikkels zorgen voor superleuk feesteffect...

      Delete
    3. En met zo een comment maak jij mijn dag goed 😃!

      Delete
  2. ha,ha, dat was het dus.Blijkbaar was er toch iets met de verbinding ; nu werkt hij weer super

    ReplyDelete